This policy describes how Essay Corrections and its affiliates collect and use personal information to provide our services. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, features or other services anywhere in the world.
I. DATA COLLECTION
The following information is collected by or on behalf of Essay Corrections:
1. Information you provide
This may include:
- User profile:We collect information when you create or update your account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, and photo.
- User content:We may collect information you provide when you contact us for customer support.
2. Information created when you use our services
This may include:
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your activation code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage information: We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
II. DATA USAGE
We use your information for the following purposes:
1. Providing services and features
Your information will be used to provide, maintain and improve our products and services. In details, we will:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Process or facilitate payments for our essay correction services.
- To track the overall performance and progress of your writing skills.
- Enable features to provide you with personalized feedbacks and customized resources that suit your need.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
2. Customer support
We use the collected information to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
3. Research and development
We may use the information we collect for analysis and product development which allows us to enhance the quality of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate other improvements in connection with our products.
4. Communications from our team
We may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
5. Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of our services, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
IV. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
1. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
We may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law or upon governmental request.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. In case you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
2. With your consent
You may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and receive you consent to the sharing.
V. INFORMATION RETENTION & DELETION
We require user profile information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, in order to provide our services. Such information is retained for as long you maintain your account, or until it is no longer necessary to enable our services or support other operational purposes.
You may request deletion of your account at any time by contacting us via email. Following such request, we delete the information which is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, we may be unable to delete your account, for example, if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Once such problem has been resolved, your account will be deleted as described above.